Negativity comes in different forms. Sometimes it is a disapproving look from your parent or spouse. Sometimes it is an unintentional hurt caused by a friend. Sometimes it is deeply rooted from past hurt and pain. In whatever form negativity comes in, we need to find ways to combat it and “nip it in the bud”.
Recently, I have experienced some anxiety and negativity over my job situation. In the past, I would dwell on it, allowing it to plague my sleep and eat me alive in my dreams. Through the years, I have learned to rebuke these thoughts and run far from it. I have taken each thought captive and replaced it with life-giving words. I have learned to speak truth over my life. In this season, I have developed a new set of declarations over my life, which I repeat over and over again when these waves of anxieties hit.
- I will not let people stress me out by giving me a future that is not true. I will not assume a future that is not going to happen and worry about it. (Matthew 6:34)
- When people come and go, I will manage well. I will delegate, get the resource needed or shift priority.
- “Not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.” Philippians 2:4
- I will not let myself to be emotionally involved when things are going well or things are not going well. It is just work. I will not let this affect my well being.
- “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
- God has a grand plan for me and I will submit to His authority. I will not let this deter my confidence in Him.
- “However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.” Acts 20:24
- If I do stay, I will not let the day to day, week to week affect my ability to lead. I will lead out of integrity and not out of fear.
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
- I will not get any credit for my accomplishment. I will humble myself and thank God for letting me make another day.
- “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves.” Philippians 2:3
There is a power in my boldness as I speak these truths over my life. I am reminded of His grace and love over me. I am empowered to do what I otherwise could not do myself.
What declaration do you need to speak over yourself today? What truths do you want the Heavenly Father to reveal to you?
Here is a great message by Pastor Andy on speaking truth over your life, listen here.